National e-Governance Division, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India and Intel India have designed a National Challenge - ‘Ideate for India – creative solutions using technology’
The aim of this challenge is to give young students of our country a platform and opportunity to become ‘solution creators’ for the problems they see around them and their communities. This initiative will allow the participants to gain a basic understanding on ‘Skills of the Future’ such as design thinking, ideation - idea generation, making, do-it-yourself concepts, collaboration etc.
The objective of this National Challenge is to empower youth and enable them to create a difference in their community-
- By skilling them to reimagine solutions to solve local critical issues
- By inspiring them to become future technology creators and innovators by developing indigenous solutions
- The challenge will be implemented at national level - open to school students from classes 6 – 12 across the country
- There will be 11 core theme areas across which students can share their ideas/solutions
- There will be 2 categories - Junior (classes 6–8) and Senior (classes 9-12)
- In phase I – Students will access curated online videos and submit their proposed solutions/ideas in an online format as a video. Top 10 ideas will be shortlisted from each State and UT – leading to a total of 360 students
- In phase II - 10 children selected as top performers per State and UT will be invited for a regional Tech-Creation Boot Camp.
- Each group of 5 students will be escorted by their computer teacher/ guardian for the boot camp. Travel, accommodation and boarding for students and guardians will be taken care of by the organisers
- In phase III - 50 students will be selected based on their tech-creations being implemented in the community and invited to New Delhi for the National Showcasing and felicitated as Tech-Creation Champions.
- Please note: All tools, materials and logistics for boot camps and national showcase will be taken care of by the organisers.
Core Theme Areas for the Challenge :
For the purposes of this national challenge, students will need to share their ideas in any of the below mentioned core themes areas:-
- Healthcare services.
- Education services
- Environment (For example: Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Water Conservation, Pollution - water/air/land, noise, e-waste. single use of plastic etc.)
- Women Safety
- Social Welfare
- Digital Services
The challenge will have three phases
- Students access online learning content
- Submit their Idea through a 90 seconds video sharing proposed solution in any of the 11 core theme areas
- Receive an online participation certificate for viewing featured learning content and appreciation certificate for idea submission
- An external panel of judges and mentors evaluate the submitted ideas
- 10 students per State/ UT get selected
- Total 360 students get invited for phase II
- 5 residential boot camps will be organised across North, South, East, West and North- East India
- Each camp will be of 4 days with face to face judging interviews
- Mentoring will be provided post boot camp to ensure the ideas mature as prototypes
- 50 students will get selected and invited to a national event for showcasing the prototypes implemented in communities
- Top 50 students attend and present prototypes at the national showcasing event and will be declared as Tech Creation Champions